I accept Paypal, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover Card. No order will be shipped until payment has been processed and approved by Paypal or Simplify Commerce, my credit card processing company. My checkout procedure is secured using the latest in SSL technology to protect your information.
I ship Monday through Friday. Your order will normally ship the day after it is placed provided payment has been approved. Orders placed on Friday and Saturday will normally ship on Monday.
Bulk hemp cord orders may take longer depending on stock on hand. If I am low on stock, I will communicate with you to let you know when I will have more stock and when your order will ship. You will be given the option to change or cancel your order at that time.
Domestic Orders (Within the USA):
I ship all packages through the US Postal Service. Tracking will be included. Once your package leaves my hands, it is out of my control. I can not guarantee delivery dates. I can only guarantee when I will ship your order. Packages shipped First Class typically arrive within 5 business days, often sooner. To receive your package sooner, you can choose Priority Mail or Express Mail. Priority Mail can take between 1 and 3 days, and Express Mail can take between 1 and 2 days. In all cases, the closer you are to Oregon, the sooner you will receive your package.
When your shipping label is generated, you will receive an email providing you with the shipping details, including a tracking number. If after 3 weeks of shipment notification you have not received your package, please contact me. I will do my best to track it down and if necessary will send a replacement.
Often packages are delayed because of an incorrect address. This is especially true when using Paypal. Please double check the address before placing your order. I cannot change an address on a shipment once it has shipped.
International orders are insured and are shipped via the US Postal Service. Once your package leaves my hands, it is out of my control. I can not guarantee delivery dates. I can only guarantee when I will ship your order.
When your shipping label is generated, you will receive an email providing you with the shipping details, including tracking number. If you choose First Class International shipping, unfortunately, these packages are rarely scanned once they leave the USA, and therefore are unable to be tracked. Priority International and Express International can be tracked.
While First Class international shipments can take up to 45 business days to arrive, most shipments arrive within 3 weeks. Priority International can take up to 10 business days and Express International can take up to 7 business days. If after the maximum number of days for your chosen shipping method has passed and you have not received your order, please contact your local post office and your Customs office to see if it is being held for some reason. If you are unable to obtain information from your post office and Customs office about your package, please contact me and I will do what I can on my end to track it down. I will reship your order, if necessary, after all avenues of tracking down the shipment fail, both on your end and on mine.
Many packages get hung up in Customs because Duty, Customs or VAT fees are due and must be paid prior to the package being released. Please know what your country’s regulations are before placing an order. All Duty/Customs/VAT fees are the responsibility of the buyer.
Another reason for delayed packages are incorrect addresses. Please be sure your address is correct before submitting your order. I cannot change an address on a shipment once it has shipped.
If, within 7 days of receiving your product, you are not happy with it, please contact me and let me know. I will be happy to replace it if it is defective upon proof of the defect, or will refund the purchase price of the item, once it has been returned to me unused and in its original packaging. Your happiness with your order is my highest priority.
Please note, as with any fiber based string, twine, thread, yarn or cord, knots or joins (ends tied together in order to add more to the spool) are inevitable. Because Hemptique products are very high quality, joins are rare but they do occasionally happen. If, while using the products I sell you encounter a join, this is normal and not a defect. I will not accept returns because of a join.
Again, as with any fiber based string, twine, thread, yarn or cord, die lots can vary. This is true with Hemptique products. While die lots are not printed on the Hemptique labels like they are for many yarn products, there can be color variations between different batches of the same color. I will not issue refunds due to color variations.
If you are ordering more than one spool of the same color, I will do my very best to select spools that appear the same, but I can make no guarantees they will be the same. If I run into a situation where you are ordering many of the same color, but there are obvious differences in the appearances, I will contact you prior to shipping your order to let you know and to provide you with your options.
Cancellations are accepted as long as the order has not processed. Once a shipping label has been created for an order and the order has been dropped at the post office, the order in cannot be cancelled.
If you really must cancel your order after a shipping label has been generated, but before the package has been dropped at the post office, I will refund the cost of your order minus the shipping charges.
If your order is shipped within the USA and is $50 or over, your order ships free!
If you need a larger quantity of a supply item than I show in stock, please let me know. I may have more in stock than what shows. If not, I will be happy to place a special order for you. Bulk discounts may apply.
Want to see more? I’m currently building the product offerings on this website, but have a lot more to add. If you would like to see more, please visit my Etsy shop at https://www.etsy.com/shop/HempbyDesign.
Information I Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for personalization of a garment, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Christy Otis, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com. Alternately, you may mail me at:
PO Box 7254
Beaverton, OR 97078